د.جعفر بشير محمدمارس 13, 2023 2023-03-15 11:01
د.جعفر بشير محمد
د.جعفر بشير عثمان
Dr. Gafaar received his BSc Agric. (Hons) degree from the university of Khartoum, an M.A. (Economics) and a Ph.D. (Agric economics) from Michigan State university. Having held academic and business consultancy positions, he is currently the president of Bayan university for science and medical technology (Sudan). His academic experience included: teaching and research in the university of Khartoum (Sudan) and king Saud university (Saudi Arabia). His academic experience also included leadership and management roles in Bayan university. Dr. Gafaar’s economic and business consultancy work covered seventeen years as head of the Economic Research Division of the Saudi Industrial Development Fund (SIDF); six years as V.P. for the Research at the Saudi Agricultural and Livestock company (SALIC) (the leading food security investment company in KSA). He is also the founding partner of Exceed Consultancy, an economic and management consultancy based in Khartoum. His expertise and publications included: analysis of industrial performance and competitiveness (industry and export performance analysis, and industrial competitiveness); strategy and business planning (strategic planning, investment, and food security strategies); global agribusiness studies (agricultural commodities, and food value chains); global agribusiness investment potential analysis (business environment, investment climate, and agribusiness potentials of SALIC_ target investment countries); and project design and feasibility studies (manufacturing, agricultural, and agribusiness projects). In addition, Dr. Gafaar was SALIC lead participant in the pilot project and development and implementation of OECD FAO Guidance for Responsible Agricultural Supply Chain.
- Ph.D. (Agricultural Economics)
Michigan State University, U.S.A
- Michigan State University, U.S.A
- B.Sc. (Agriculture), Honours Class I University of Khartoum, Sudan
المناصب الحالية والسابقة
- President, Bayan University for science and Technology Khartoum, Sudan.
- Founding Partner – Exceed Consultancy Khartoum – Sudan
- VP- Studies and Economic Research Saudi Agricultural and Livestock investment Co (SALIC) Riyadh – Saudi Arabia
- Dean, Bayan College for Science & Technology Khartoum – Sudan
- Senior Economic Consultant Head, Economic Unit Research and Economic Studies Division, Saudi Industrial Development Fund.
- Economic Consultant Research and Economic Studies Division, Saudi Industrial Development Fund.
- Assistant Professor Department of Agricultural Economics King Saud University, Saudi Arabia.
- Assistant Professor Department of Rural Economy,University of Khartoum, Sudan.